A comprehensive solution that manages all aspects of a business’s intelligence program.
Business Intelligence and Analytics
Emagine transforms business data into actionable information for all levels of an organisation seeking greater confidence and speed for their decision making.
Analytics delivery requires an understanding of data integration, management, modelling and visualisation disciplines. Our multi-skilled consultants have a track-record of delivery excellence across BI Architecture layers and technologies, increasing engagement value. We invest in our delivery focussed Center of Excellence (COE), ensuring repeatable results for customers.
" We enable a business to optimise its decision making, through harnessing the value of data. "
We offer a flexible engagement model and our services include:
Servicing Enterprise BI Architecture
- Architecture / Platform advisory
- Program / Platform delivery
- System / Platform operations
- Domain knowledge, best-practice development expertise and testing services
Expertise, agility and continuous integration
- Our unique agile, iterative approach deliver early benefits to customers including evolving the architecture incrementally.
- We align system development and operations delivering ‘DevOps’ for customers.
- Our COE provide remote delivery oversight mitigating functional, technology and delivery risk.
We have produced business insight and workflow solutions for:
- Financial Crime and Intelligence
- Front Office
- Trade Surveillance
- Conduct, Controls and Supervision
- Risk Analytics and Movement Analysis
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Counterparty Fraud
- Service Management
- Post Trade Performance Monitoring
- TCO (Software Delivery)
- Cost to Serve / Profitability
emagine are a certified Qlik partner
Qlikview 12x – The time to upgrade is now
Qlik is phasing out its leading 11.2x generation of releases from the QlikView product family from December, 2017. Customers are advised to upgrade to 12x generation for business continuity. The upgrade should not be disruptive.
QlikView 12 generation of products are engineered for enterprise platform deployment and shared use. The new server engine is completely re-architected to support very large deployments enabling shared usage among analytics stakeholders. With both Qlikview and QlikSense product family sharing the same server engine, customer’s analytics investments are protected.
emagine’s Centre of Excellence (COE) team summarises the following key product enhancements:
- New QIX engine: New data indexing engine with columnar data model to metadata, improving query and calculation performance.
- Improved scalability & resilience: Enhanced access to pgo and shared files, increasing number of nodes to cluster and supporting un-balanced clusters. Publisher load balancing, optimising server resources including reduced failures.
- Decoupling service from server: Clear separation of Windows and service management roles including security hardening. Functions are configured to respect directory structure.
- Robust infrastructure integration: Out-of-the box single sign-on authentication. Custom coding only for 3rd party system integration.
- Analytics application separation: Discourage ‘hard’ application integration. 3rd party application integration using API, including open standard for web data sources.
- Better usability: Improved response time. Visibility to un-selected data including much improved mobile touch experience.
What does this mean for stakeholders?
The impact of the upgrade to application and platform stakeholders are listed below
- More concurrent users per document and per server improving capacity
- Simplified single sign-on integration
- Re-configure windows & services
- Simplified platform support.
- File size might go up, requiring data model review
- Re-load time might change with the new server.
- Functions that tightly integrated application & servers need re-configuration
emagine’s delivery focussed ‘Centre of Excellence (COE) recommend the following:
- Set up enterprise platform: Leverage the power of new QIX engine, customers are encouraged to consolidate all 11.2 deployments onto enterprise grade 12 cluster(s).
- Align applications to platform: Publish standards and guidelines to ensure analytics application stakeholders optimally using platform resources, enabling shared usage.
- Enable platform & application evolution: Build and operate teams supporting user activity, application build & support and platform build & support.
Service Delivery Manager
+44 20 7041 1000